- Be at least 16 years old (may sit for exam at age 14)
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Be in a physical and mental condition to safely fly a drone
- Pass the initial aeronautical knowledge exam
- Pass a background check from the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
How many hours of training is required for the completion of the program? Classroom instruction and/or practical instruction?
- Part 107 Certification = 16 hours, broken into 2x 8 hr. days, including the 2-hour FAA knowledge exam at the end of the second day.
- Several hours of reading homework will be assigned prior to the start of class, as well as two (2) hours of homework will be assigned the first night.
- 101 Practical Flight Training = 8 hours (1-day)
- Please refer to our training page for overall program and course descriptions.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, students-applicants must complete all homework assignments, arrive to class on time, stay the duration of training, actively participate, and maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
Depending on the number of instructors available, however, typically 6-10 students with one (1) instructor or up to 20 students with two (2) instructors. It also depends on the overall aptitude of the students.
- Student/applicants would receive their FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot certification (if they are ages 16 & up),
- And a certificate of completion with Remote Aviator Wings (Basic) from Quantum Dynamics – Flight Academy.
- Classrooms will need to have audio/visual with a sufficiently sized television with speakers, an HDMI connection, internet access, and A/C wall power.
- Testing will occur only at an approved FAA knowledge examination center.
- A field or lot the size of a baseball, football, or soccer field/pitch is needed. Powerlines and other obstructions should not surround the flight area. A/C power is ideal for recharging batteries.
- We can provide the drones for training or train you on your newly purchased equipment.