What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be at least 16 years old (may sit for exam at age 14)
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Be in a physical and mental condition to safely fly a drone
- Pass the initial aeronautical knowledge exam
- Pass a background check from the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
How many hours of training is required for the completion of the program? Classroom instruction and/or practical instruction?
- Part 107 Certification = 16 hours, broken into 2x 8 hr. days, including the 2-hour FAA knowledge exam at the end of the second day.
- Several hours of reading homework will be assigned prior to the start of class, as well as two (2) hours of homework will be assigned the first night.
- 101 Practical Flight Training = 8 hours (1-day)
- Please refer to our training page for overall program and course descriptions.
What are the student-applicant requirements?
In addition to the eligibility requirements, students-applicants must complete all homework assignments, arrive to class on time, stay the duration of training, actively participate, and maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
What is the ideal number of students you can have at a time?
Depending on the number of instructors available, however, typically 6-10 students with one (1) instructor or up to 20 students with two (2) instructors. It also depends on the overall aptitude of the students.
What do the students receive after they complete the program?
- Student/applicants would receive their FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot certification (if they are ages 16 & up),
- And a certificate of completion with Remote Aviator Wings (Basic) from Quantum Dynamics – Flight Academy.
What are the requirements to host the Part 107 class or practical flight instruction?
- Classrooms will need to have audio/visual with a sufficiently sized television with speakers, an HDMI connection, internet access, and A/C wall power.
- Testing will occur only at an approved FAA knowledge examination center.
- A field or lot the size of a baseball, football, or soccer field/pitch is needed. Powerlines and other obstructions should not surround the flight area. A/C power is ideal for recharging batteries.
- We can provide the drones for training or train you on your newly purchased equipment.